Couples have to be married for at least 3 years before filing a writ for divorce. However, court does grant permission for some exceptions for filing writ before 3 years of marriage.
The court will only be satisfied that marriage has broken down on the followings basis with proofs:
- Adultery of the defendant
- Unreasonable behaviour of the defendant
- Desertion by the defendant for 2 years
- Separation for 3 years when defendant agrees to a divorce
- Separation for 4 years regardless defendant agrees to a divorce
We have experienced divorce lawyers to assist by giving professional divorce advice and filing for annulment subject to divorce / family law in Singapore.