Commitment of Dedication
We Strive Our Best In Services For Our Clients.
- LL.B (Hons) (W’hampton)
- Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- Barrister of Lincoln’s Inn
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
Kast read law in England and was called to the English Bar in 1997. She was subsequently called to the Singapore Bar in 1998.
She joined East Asia Law Corporation soon after one of the founders, Colin Kang, passed away, but had close ties to the firm even before that, being the wife of the other founder, Mr Premchand Soman, as well as Colin’s very good friend.
Kast has extensive experience in family matters, adoption, probate, estate planning, criminal matters, Syariah matters and conveyancing. Her sympathetic nature and extensive experience have gained her the trust and respect of her many satisfied clients. Having a daughter of her own, she also understands the concerns that a parent may have regarding their children.
Additionally, Kast is passionate about serving the community and has done so for many years – she regularly gives talks on legal matters, volunteers at legal clinics organized by various grassroots organizations, and carries out pro bono work. Kast is a member of the Association of Criminal Lawyers of Singapore (ACLS), an organization whose members undertake pro-bono cases.
Kast’s leisure interests include cooking, baking, cycling and home decoration.
Some of her notable representations include:
- Successfully representing client in a criminal suit involving breach of trust in the District Court in 2016;
- Successfully representing client as lead counsel in an urgent application for an expedited order to restrain a defendant boyfriend from harassing client under the new Protection from Harassment Act;
- Acting as a lead counsel in the Court of Appeal case, ARX v ARY  2 SLR 686, which expanded the applicable principles of the division of matrimonial assets in family matters in 2016;
- Acting as a lead counsel in many High Court matters involving the application of the old and new Moneylenders Act and Rules;
- Successfully representing clients in various interlocutory applications i.e. specific discovery, summary judgments and striking out in the State Courts and the High Court.
- Advocate and Solicitor, Singapore
- B. (Hons), Queensland
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law
Jocinda is a University of Queensland (Australia) graduate who was called to the Singapore Bar in early 2017, after 2.5 years of full-time training and bar studies. Since young, Jocinda has always envisioned herself as an advocate. She has thrown herself into both academic and practical studies with enthusiasm, undergoing various internships in both big and small firms in Australia, Singapore, and Malaysia before embarking on her training and work in East Asia Law Corporation.
Here in East Asia Law Corporation, Jocinda has assisted Ms Manickam in various trials and hearings covering various areas of practice, and has led hearings and trials from the start of 2018. Her areas of practice include civil, commercial litigation, accident, personal injury, insolvency, family and criminal matters. Jocinda is especially interested in criminal and commercial litigation. As a legal practitioner, she believes in providing practical solutions for her clients. Her strong and compassionate personality makes her a unique and fearless litigator.
Jocinda is proficient in English, Mandarin, Malay, Cantonese and Hokkien. Given her multilingual skills, she is able to connect with her clients from different cultures and backgrounds.
Our supporting team consists of senior paralegals that have been with us for a very long time – even during tough times. Each one of them is procedurally expert in their respective line of work. Highly motivated, self-disciplined, polite, knowledgeable and extremely loyal.